VACANT POST – 01 HSE SUPERVISOR
A local company is urgently looking for 01 HSE Supervisor for its HGV weighing point management activities.
Location : Douala – CAMEROON
Main activities / missions :
– Ensuring compliance with the HSE policy by the company’s teams
– Ensuring the provision and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
– Ensuring the availability and proper functioning of the equipment
– Make sure that the safety rules are displayed on the weighing points.
– Raising awareness and advising employees on the HSE approach and risk prevention
– To ensure that truck drivers and employees comply with health and safety instructions.
– Set up emergency actions in the event of accidents and incidents
– Systematically report incidents/accidents that have occurred in the field.
– Writing, transmitting and archiving incident reports
– Maintain HSE registers
– Establish awareness programmes/sessions to reduce incidents, accidents and occupational illnesses (¼ hours Safe Environments)
– Leading and managing a team of HSE Operators
– Carry out regular field visits and checks
Required skills :
– Risk analysis
– Control and permanent monitoring of regulations and legislation in terms of health, safety and the environment
– Elaboration of prevention programmes to reduce incidents, accidents at work and occupational diseases.
– Leading teams and HSE referents
– Good knowledge of the company’s activity, processes and associated technologies
– Capacity for analysis and synthesis
– A sense of initiative, strength of proposal
– Vigilance and responsiveness, adaptability
– Sense of contact, communication, pedagogy
Health and Safety Objectives :
– Achieve the principle of “zero accidents/incidents”.
– Promote compliance with the safety policy on and outside the workplace
– Improving staff working conditions
– Ensure the preservation of property and equipment
Candidate profile :
– Hold an A level + 2 years degree in HSE and have at least 2 years of professional experience.
– if the candidate has a bachelor’s degree, he or she must have at least 03 years of professional experience
– having worked in a port environment is an asset
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV by 21/04/2020 at 5pm latest to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected applications will be contacted.